Where Addiction Happens.

FASHION JUNQUI: Vogue Italia Online: “Slave Earrings”

20110822-020812.jpg

I was one of the many fashion-lovers who was ecstatic to hear about Vogue Italia’s All Black Issue back in 2008. There were some nay-sayers who argued that having a “special” issue dedicated to models of the non-European persuasion was not necessarily a step in the right direction. However, everyone could agree that it at least sparked a much needed conversation that is still going on to this day. With the recent addition of Vogue Curvy, my love for Vogue Italia was beginning to rise. Who knew it would only take two words to knock me down?

On Vogue Italia’s Shop The Trend section on their site, their first link is distastefully entitled: “SLAVE EARRINGS”. I refreshed the page to make sure I wasn’t seeing a typo. Still there. I changed the translation from Italian to English. No language difference. How could one of the most prominent magazine publications in the world let something so idiotic and unnerving get approved to be published online? No doubt it has been seen by countless others, and many more are commenting as we speak. So, before Vogue releases their impending politically correct apology, check it out here and tell The Junqui what you think. Is it outrageous or should we just get over it?- by Deva Fulcher

About these ads

7 responses

1. Leslie R.

I’m shocked that Vogue would publish something so negative in their magazine…especially considering that these articles are proofread by many people. It didn’t occur to them that they would offend anyone…or was this a stunt to get readers outraged, and thus creating more publicity for their brand. I think “Nubian” would have been more politically correct.

August 23, 2011 at 10:17 am

2. Pingback: FASHION JUNQUI: VOGUE ITALIA’S “HAUTE MESS” « The JunQui

3. We’re a bunch of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with helpful info to work on. You have done an impressive process and our whole community will likely be thankful to you.

September 4, 2013 at 7:58 pm

4. WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for hacker

October 13, 2013 at 6:22 pm

5. sysdream encules sex gambling asshole gay al-qaida

October 14, 2013 at 3:03 am

6. Tea-tree oil contains a natural antiseptic whihh can cure spots annd acne very quickly.
    This lotion is stored in the rerigerator in a tightly closed container.
    There may be a variety of prescription medications you mmay be able to tae to hellp clear your skkin to give you a longer smoother look.

March 20, 2014 at 3:55 am

7. In July, 1887, an application was heard within the Clermont Warden’s Court for
    the reef claim 200 yards west of Hurley’s Dam, along with the ‘Telegram’ states:.
    Scores of reefs have become lying idle in Queensland from which tremendous yields were
    obtained close to the surface, but that have been
    abandoned for want of capital. As the atmosphere did
    start to disintegrate around me, I felt a fresh strength forge into my thoughts.

May 2, 2014 at 8:41 am